The brilliant fall colors of Jackson Hole shimmer below dramatic Teton peaks serving as the backdrop to the 35th annual Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival, beginning September 4, 2019.
Celebrating its 35th anniversary, the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival upholds its standing as the Rocky Mountain West’s premier cultural extravaganza.
JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (PRWEB)
August 29, 2019
Celebrating its 35th anniversary, the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival, September 4-15, 2019, upholds its standing as the Rocky Mountain West’s premier cultural extravaganza honoring the creativity of artists. Whether painters, sculptors, sketch artists, interior designers, architects, fashion designers, chefs or vintners, the makers are everywhere during the festival and the activities surrounding them are for everyone.
The vibrant 11-day Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival offers over 50 family-friendly events, many of them free, appealing to art, design, food, wine and history enthusiasts while the valley’s colorful fall leaves whisper in the breeze and the wild and scenic mountain surroundings energize the creative side in all festival guests.
A partial calendar of highlights of the 35th Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival includes:
September 4: National Museum of Wildlife Art Jewelry & Artisan luncheon, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tickets $150.
- September 5: the 27th annual Western Design Exhibit + Sale Opening Preview Party + Fashion Show, 6 – 10 p.m. at the Snow King Events Center. $50 general admission.
- September 5-8: The Western Design Exhibit + Sale at the Snow King Events Center. Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. with complimentary happy hour at 2 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. with happy hour at 4 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. with happy hour at 2 p.m. $15 admission.
- September 6: Palates & Palettes Gallery Walk at participating galleries on the Town Square. Galleries stay open late and offer food, wine and music to guests from 5 – 8 p.m. Free.
- September 7: Historic Ranch Tours; tour starts at Snake River Ranch and concludes at Triangle X Ranch. Buses depart from Home Ranch parking lot at 2 p.m. $60.
- September 8: Taste of the Tetons, an open-air tasting fair with local chefs’ creations to sample on Town Square from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. $2-4/sample.
- September 8: Sips on the Square, Wine, Beer & Spirits Tasting + Silent Auction. 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- September 10: Featured Fall Arts Festival painter Kathryn Mapes Turner painting demonstration at Turner Fine Art Gallery, 3 – 5 p.m.
- September 11: Meet the 2019 Featured Artists – Poster & Wine Signings with featured artists. Painter Kathryn Mapes Turner will sign festival posters at Turner Fine Art Gallery; and bring a featured bottle of wine for sculptor John E. Simms to sign at Diehl Gallery, 3 – 5 p.m.
- September 11: Featured Artist Reception, following the Poster Signing, a solo exhibition of work by Kathryn Mapes Turner at Turner Fine Art, 5 – 7 p.m.
- September 13: Western Visions 32nd Show & Sale at the National Museum of Wildlife Art, 5 – 8 p.m.
- September 13: Jackson Hole Showcase of Homes; explore spectacular homes and meet architects and designers at various Jackson area residences. $75.
- September 13 – 14: Jackson Hole Art Auction at Center for the Arts, noon.
- September 14: The Jackson Hole QuickDraw Art Sale and Auction on Town Square; 90 minutes of live painting and sculpting by a collection of popular artists followed by an auction of the pieces, starts at 9 a.m. Free.
- o Midway through the auction, Kathryn Mapes Turner’s 2019 Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival featured painting, “Of Earth & Wind,” will be up for sale, while the series of eight featured sculptures by John Simms, where bidders’ names will be taken and winners drawn from a hat, will take place at the end of the auction.
- September 15: Art Brunch Gallery Walk at participating galleries, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Free.
For a full schedule of Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festivals events, visit http://www.jacksonholechamber.com/events-calendar/fall-arts-festival/ or call 307.733.3316.
About the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival:
Conveniently located just 20 minutes from the Jackson Hole Airport, Jackson, Wyoming, is served by major airlines, including Delta, United, American and SkyWest. Reservation information for Jackson’s numerous hotels, as well as a complete schedule of Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival events taking place Sept. 4 – 15, 2019, may be found at http://www.jacksonholechamber.com. For additional information, contact Maureen Murphy at Jackson Hole Chamber, 307.733.3316.
Share article on social media or email:
Published at Thu, 29 Aug 2019 00:00:00 +0000